In this one-day workshop, we will learn about the fundamentals of seasonal cooking. Aligning ourselves with the seasons gives us the best that the produce have to offer in terms of their flavour, texture and nutrient content. Connecting with nature's rhythms also gives calibrates our bodies, encouraging over all health and wellness.Read More
Atelier de Cuisine:
The Spring Kitchen
A Saturday of Spring Cooking with Jean Torné
Join us for this season’s Atelier de Cuisine, “The Spring Kitchen.” Atelier de Cuisine is a series of one-day workshops that we offer during each season, providing a chance to fully immerse ourselves in the flavours and ingredients that each season brings to our kitchen.
Cooking with the seasons brings us two key benefits. Firstly, we get to enjoy our fruits and vegetables when they are at their best. There is nothing quite like a freshly picked strawberry in July, and the sweetness of a kabocha pumpkin in September is unparalleled.
Secondly, we are connecting to the natural rhythm of our environment, and providing our body with the nourishment it requires for overall health and wellbeing.
Click here to learn more about your facilitator Jean Torné.
Atelier de Cuisine welcomes participants of all cooking levels. It is a space for sharing joy and creativity with others who love food and cooking!
In this spring workshop, we will:
- Enjoy different ways of cooking short-season spring vegetables like asparagus, rhubarb and chicory.
- Learn the cooking styles and techniques that’s suited to the cool spring weather as well as the summer months that are about to come.
- Apply practical tips and tricks to make home cooking simple and enjoyable so it fits your lifestyle – without compromising nutrition or flavour!
- Understand the seasonal ingredients more deeply, and learn to combine foods to enrich the flavours and nutritional quality of your dishes.
- Appreciate the relationship between our food, our environment and our wellbeing.
Each Atelier de Cuisine is a culinary adventure. Choose your date and prepare to be surprised and delighted!
See the dates of our other Atelier programmes below:
- 7th October 2023 – Atelier de Cuisine, Autumn’s Abundance
- 11th November 2023 – Atelier de Cuisine, Autumn to Winter
- 30th March 2024- Atelier de Cuisine, Spring Kitchen
For details on registering for this course please scroll down and click on the link below or contact Rich Devine on 07876 513 608.
Saturday 30 March, 9am – 6pm
This class combines cooking demonstrations and hands-on cooking.
We shall produce both lunch and dinner, eating and enjoying them together at the end of each class!
Atelier de Cuisine: The Spring Kitchen programme details
Location: Concord Institute
Price: £195 per person
(deposit £40, non-refundable and non-transferable)