Atelier de Cuisine is a 1-day culinary adventure, in which you will experience the joy, creativity and simplicity of seasonal cooking. You will learn about basic cooking styles appropriate to the season, learn no-fuss ways of creating beautiful. and nutritious meals to suit your schedule, and appreciate the relationship between our ingredients, the seasons and our health.Read More
Atelier de Cuisine:
A Saturday of Autumn Cooking with Jean Torné
Join us for this season’s Atelier de Cuisine, “Autumn’s Abundance.” Atelier de Cuisine is a series of one-day workshops that we offer during each season, providing a chance to fully immerse ourselves in the flavours and ingredients that each season brings to our kitchen.
Cooking with the seasons brings us two key benefits. Firstly, we get to enjoy our fruits and vegetables when they are at their best. There is nothing quite like a freshly picked strawberry in July, and the sweetness of a kabocha pumpkin in September is unparalleled.
Secondly, we are connecting to the natural rhythm of our environment, and providing our body with the nourishment it requires for overall health and wellbeing.
Atelier de Cuisine welcomes participants of all cooking levels. It is a space for sharing joy and creativity with others who love food and cooking!
In this autumn workshop, we will:
- Delight in the abundant harvest of the autumn season, including ingredients like pumpkins, apples, pears, kale and chard.
- Learn the fundamental cooking styles and techniques to suit the colder weather and heartier autumn produce.
- Discover practical tips and tricks to simplify and enhance your home cooking.
- You will be able to save time, without compromising on flavour or nourishment!
- Gain a deeper understanding of seasonal ingredients, and how to combine foods to enrich the nutritional quality as well as flavours and textures of your dishes.
- Appreciate the relationship between our food, our environment and our well-being.
Menu: Autumn vegetables and grain-based
We welcome you into the autumn kitchen with a rich creamy apple and oat drink, a warming start to the day’s workshop.
A warming vegetable goulash – a gentle combination of earthy sweetness of autumn squashes and early root vegetables, and the richness of paprika. We will serve this with protein-rich chickpea flatbread, and a salad of fresh greens and herbs.
We will make an astonishingly simple yet delicious chocolate mouse – a light way to enjoy that rich autumn chocolate flavour.
To go with with our entrée, we will make a simple soup of carrot, fennel and cumin. Fennel has quite a short season, so it will be the ‘star’ of the soup, accompanied by young carrots and a small note of cumin.
We will create a ‘a plate of three vegetables’, and learn what it is to create a ‘balanced meal’ along the way. This plate will consist of gently braised pumpkins and sesame sauce, baked aubergine with miso and roasted cauliflower. We will serve this with a cultured lentil wrap (made with partially fermented legumes), fresh herbs and autumn salad leaves, and wild rice.
Click here to learn more about your facilitator Jean Torné
Each Atelier de Cuisine is a culinary adventure. Choose your date and prepare to be surprised and delighted!
See the dates of our other Atelier programmes below:
- 11 November 2023 – Atelier de Cuisine, Autumn to Winter
- 13th January 2024– Atelier de Cuisine, The Stillness Within (Winter)
- 30th March 2024 – Atelier de Cuisine, Spring Kitchen
For details on registering for this course please scroll down and click on the link below or contact Rich Devine on 07876 513 608
Saturday 07 October, 9am – 6pm
This class combines cooking demonstrations and hands-on cooking.
We shall produce both lunch and dinner, eating and enjoying them together at the end of each class!
Atelier de Cuisine: Autumn’s Abundance programme details
Location: Concord Institute
Price: £195 per person
(deposit £40, non-refundable and non-transferable)