This early winter season is traditionally a time for celebration and festivities where we observe rituals that centre around food. In this weekend intensive workshop, we will get to know these winter crops, and enjoy new ways of cooking wholefoods to suit this season's festivities.Read More
The Seasonal Cook: Festive Cooking
We are delighted to invite you to “The Seasonal Cook: Festive Cooking”, a two-day weekend cooking intensive with Jean Torné
In the first weeks of December, we transition from late autumn to early winter. As the days get shorter and the weather becomes colder, the kitchen comes into itself as the hearth of our home – a place of warmth and creativity.
In the markets, you will find bountiful offerings of hearty vegetables. There is a sea of greens and various shades: vibrant jewel-like Brussels sprouts, deep and dark cavelo nero and the rich yellow of cauliflower. There is also sweet carrots, parsnips and and array of winter squashes like kabocha and crown prince.
This early winter season is also traditionally a time for celebration and festivities where we observe rituals that centre around food. In this weekend intensive workshop, we will get to know these winter crops, and enjoy new ways of cooking wholefoods to suit this season’s festivities.
Over this intensive, you will learn
- A variety of warming and comforting dishes that will sustain our bodies over the colder months. These dishes will include soups, entrées, snacks and desserts, all showcasing the best of early winter produce.
- How to combine natural ingredients, herbs and spices to create seasonal and festive flavours that we all know and love – without the addition of refined sugars and flavourings.
- Different cooking styles and techniques that you can use to cook simple but delicious meals throughout the winter – well after the festivities have completed!
- Adaptability and practicality are key, so you can make the most of your time in the kitchen.
- How to connect with the seasons, and get to know the nourishing qualities of different foods that best support our wellbeing throughout the winter months.
At the end of the workshop, you will receive a booklet with all the recipes for the dishes prepared over the weekend. With these foundational dishes, you can create a simple Monday evening dinner for one in 30 minutes, or an impressive menu to share with loved ones during a festive gathering. You will have the knowledge and confidence to create beautiful, seasonal meals with ease and confidence.
Here are the rest our our Intensive Cooking courses for 2024:
- 10th – 11th February 2024- Embracing Deep Winter
- 13th – 14th April 2024- Welcoming Spring
- 6th -7th July 2024- Simple Summer Cooking
For details on registering for this course scroll down and click on the link below or contact Raphy Mendoza on email@example.com or on 07840 355 409
Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd
10 am – 8 pm
Each day will consist of two cooking classes, combining demonstrations and hands-on cooking.
We shall produce both a lunch and dinner meal, eating and enjoying them together at the end of each class!
The Seasonal Cook: Festive Cooking programme details
Location: Concord Institute
Price: £525 per person
(deposit £150, non-refundable and non-transferable)