For many of us, the spring season is long-awaited and something that we look forward to after the darker, colder months of winter. There is an upward, rising energy as daffodils and crocuses pierce their way out of the ground and into day light. It is a season of new energy and renewal.Read More
The Seasonal Cook: Welcoming Spring
Join us for this season’s intensive weekend workshop, “Welcoming Spring.”
For many of us, the spring season is long-awaited and something that we look forward to after the darker, colder months of winter. There is an upward, rising energy as daffodils and crocuses pierce their way out of the ground and into day light. It is a season of new energy and renewal.
In the vegetable world, we are greeted by the first asparagus, vibrant pink radishes and soft green onions. Over this weekend, we will capture this expansive energy of spring, bringing joy and creativity to our kitchen.
During this weekend workshop, you will:
- Prepare a variety of fresh salads that bring together the different colours, flavours and textures spring that will delight and surprise you.
- Create hearty soups and stews that will continue to nourish us in the cold wet evenings that come in the transition between winter and spring.
- Explore different cooking styles that highlights the natural flavours of spring vegetables like chicory, rhubarb and new potatoes.
- Understand the significance of seasonal eating, and deepen your connection with the cycles of nature and the different foods that support our wellbeing during this season of new energy.
- Learn practical cooking tips to simplify your time in the kitchen, without sacrificing nutrition, creativity or flavour.
Click here to learn more about your facilitator Jean Torné.
At the end of the weekend, you will go home with a booklet containing all the recipes that you will have prepared in the classes. With these foundational dishes, you will have the knowledge and confidence to adapt any recipe to create beautiful, seasonal meals long after the workshop completes.
Here are the rest of the intensive cooking offerings we have for you:
- 2nd – 3rd December 2023– The Seasonal Cook: Festive Cooking
- 10th – 11th February 2024– The Seasonal Cook: Embracing Deep Winter
- 6th – 7th July 2024- The Seasonal Cook: Simple Summer Cooking
For details on registering for this course please scroll down and click on the link below or contact Raphy Mendoza on email@example.com or on 07840 355 409
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14
10 am – 8 pm
Each day will consist of two cooking classes, combining demonstrations and hands-on cooking.
We shall produce both a lunch and dinner meal, eating and enjoying them together at the end of each class!
The Seasonal Cook: Welcoming Spring programme details
Location: Concord Institute
Price: £525 per person
(deposit £150, non-refundable and non-transferable)