Join renowned bodywork facilitator Maria Serrano in a weekend of exploitative bodywork, integrating mind, body and emotions to empower our well-being as we start the new year.Read More
A Workshop with Maria Serrano
Join us for a unique weekend workshop with accomplished facilitator and therapist Maria Serrano.
This will be a practical weekend of bodywork, grounded within an integrated theoretical framework and guided by Maria’s experience of over 30 years teaching and practise.
Maria specialises in weaving together time-honoured ancient disciplines, including oriental therapies such as Shiatsu, Kundalini Yoga, Meditation as well as sound and voice work, to activate the healing mechanisms within the body.
Drawing on these complementry ancient techniques and healing arts, Maria will provide you with a powerful toolkit for creating and maintaining your sense of well-being.
Reaching beyond this enjoyable, restorative weekend, our intention is to strengthen the immune system and promote physical, emotional and energetic wellness for the new year.
We will learn how the energy of our internal organs play a role influencing our emotional experiences. Drawing on this wisdom, we will transform any blocked emotions and energy by the use of pressure points, voice work and meditation.
By the end of the weekend, you will have had an opportunity to reconnect with your body, access your own healing power and experience a new lightness of being to take into the year.
The workshop will include:
- Exploration and mindful connection with the breath and being in the present.
- Setting your course for new beginnings – orientation and the cycle of life and strategies to stay on track.
- A brief introduction to Energy / Chi / Prana.
- Exercises to feel and understand Chi, sensing energy and self healing
- The Oriental philosophy of body-mind-emotion inter-connection.
- Interactive exercises in pairs, groups and individually
- Exercises to balance and strengthen the energetic system, the internal organs and the corresponding emotions.
- An introduction to Japanese Do-in, the 12 energy channels and the main pressure points for everyday use.
- The seven chakras – how corporeal energies manifest and affect our lives; strategies to balance them going forward.
- The pillars of healthy living – exercise, diet, meditation, mindfulness, emotional intelligence and balanced body connection.
- Chi-kung for calming and centring the mind.
- Exploring the power of meditation, chanting and ritual
This workshop is open to all levels, abilities and backgrounds.
Saturday 21 January – Sunday 22 January, 10am – 6pm
The Art of Well-Being programme details
A delicious, freshly prepared wholefoods lunch and dessert will be served on both days.
Location: Concord Institute, London
(deposit £125, non-refundable and non-transferrable)